Rebaño de Dios – Olavarria Tower
South Face – Central Massif -Climbing with guide in Picos de Europa
The Olavarría Tower is located in the Central Massif of Picos de Europa, specifically in the beautiful area of Vega de Liordes in front of Torre Salinas, an idyllic and isolated place where we will surely climb in complete solitude away from overcrowding.
It has an exceptional rock and although the route is not very long, it will not leave us indifferent.
Its beautiful approach from the Caben de Remoña, together with the beautiful views of the area and its solitude, make this climb a fantastic day of climbing in Picos de Europa.
- Approach: From Caben de Remoña to Tiro Pedabejo and from here to the foot of the track: approximately 2 hours.
- Length of the climb: approximately 160 meters.
- Difficulty: Maximum 6a+.
- Duration of the complete activity: 2 hours for the approach, about 4 hours for the climb and about 3 hours for the descent and return (total about 8 to 9 hours).
- Descent: by rappel to the pass and short rope climbing to the base of the route.
Equipment required per participant: Depending on the time of year and weather conditions, this information may vary in number and type of clothing and footwear. The guide will provide information upon reservation
- Technical trekking boots
- Trekking poles
- Long elastic mountain pants
- Technical short sleeve mountain t-shirt
- Technical long sleeve mountain t-shirt
- Softshell / primaloft
- Down or fiber jacket
- Medium or light gloves (optional)
- Cell phone with charged battery
- Headlamp with batteries (important)
- Solarcream SPF 50
- Mountain backpack 40L
- Canteen or water bottle minimum 2L
- Refreshments during activity (bars, dried fruits, etc.)
The guide, once the reservation has been made, will inform the participant of the meeting time and place. From Potes, access by car to Puerto de San Glorio and from here towards Posada de Valdeón, before taking the detour by track to Caben de Remoña. 1 h 30′ approx.
We will start the approach from the caben de Remoña where we will leave the vehicle, by a fairly simple and beautiful path we will ascend until we reach the Pedabejo pass, where beautiful views of the Liordes valley await us.
From this point we will begin to descend a few meters to turn off to our left by a winding path and almost lost to the base of the road, during this route we can see the Olavarría Tower, the Tower of Hoyo de Liordes, the south wall of the Padiorna and a long etc...
Once at the foot of the route, we will be equipped and given the necessary safety and progression instructions to begin the climb. The route consists of 4 pitches with a maximum difficulty of 6a+ on dihedrals and cracks. After a snack and some photographs, we will descend by rappel, then by short rope until we reach the foot of the route where we started.
We will pick up the material and retrace our steps towards Pedabejo pass until we reach the vehicle.