Via Divertimento and Alfonsada
Central Massif – Climbinh with guide in Picos de Europa
This road is located in the enclave of Vega de Liordes, an idyllic and isolated place within the central massif of the Picos de Europa National Park and belonging to the Leonese community.
The quality of the limestone rock is extraordinary and its name indicates the relaxed and uncompromising nature of this climb.
Opened on July 7, 1985 by Eduardo Martínez and Miguel Angel Adrados.
- Approach: From Caben de Remoña to Tiro Pedabejo and from here to the foot of the track: Approach: one hour.
- Climbing length: 280 m of climbing approx.
- Difficulty: Maximum V+
- Duration of the complete activity: About 3 hours for the climb and about four hours for the approach and return (Total about 8-10 hours).
- Descent: On foot from the summit by channel.
To perform this activity it is necessary to have a minimum of physical condition and to have previously climbed classic climbing routes and to habitually do sport climbing with a grade of V+ as first with fluency. As well as being accustomed to high mountain routes of a minimum duration of 8 hours and 800m of positive difference in altitude.
Equipment required per participant: (Depending on the time of year and weather conditions this information may vary in number and type of clothing and footwear. The guide will inform upon reservation)
- Technical trekking boots
- Trekking poles
- Long elastic mountain pants
- Technical short sleeve mountain t-shirt
- Technical long sleeve mountain t-shirt
- Softshell / primaloft
- Down or fiber jacket
- Medium or light gloves (optional)
- Cell phone with charged battery
- Headlamp with batteries (important)
- Solarcream SPF 50
- Mountain backpack 40L
- Canteen or water bottle minimum 2L
- Refreshments during activity (bars, dried fruits, etc.)
The guide, once the reservation has been made, will inform the participant of the meeting time and place. From Potes, access by car to Puerto de San Gloriom and from there towards Posada de Valdeón, before taking the detour by track to Caben de Remoña. Approximately 1 h 30'.